Sunday, January 11, 2015

Guardians of Enthia -- Chapter II

As Princess Aladicci got off the zeppelin, she was met with three things – the autumn breeze of the Enthian dock, a marred man with a greatsword holstered on his back, and a naïve yet charming young man she knew as Warius Skyranger.

“Need a hand, mi'lady?” Warius extended his hand to the gowned princess as the other man in attendance watched carefully. She graciously accepted his hand, and stepped off the boat. A few Kharidi guards stepped in behind her.

“It's been a long time, Warius. Too long.” She offered her childhood friend a warm hug, which he gladly accepted.

“Actually, it's captain to you,” Warius grinned, as Aladicci's face lit up at the notion. “Got my own ship and everything.”

She congratulated him, but stopped as to look at the man off to the side. Suddenly, she had an epiphany – “Wait a minute, I do believe I recognize you as well.”

“Perhaps you do, my lady.” For such a tough look, the scarred man's voice came out as fairly soothing.

“You're the Wolf, aren't you?”

“Yes, mi'lady – that's me.”

“They say you killed 20 people at the Battle of Blackboar with your own hands. Is that true?”

Though the notion gave the Wolf a grin, he nevertheless answered piously. “I don't tend to listen to what folks say about me, good or bad.”

Aladicci smiled back at him, before turning towards Warius yet again. “Well, shall you show me to my room like the peasant you are.”

Warius grinned yet again. “Peasant and poor, my lady.”


As Warius left with the princess and a battalion of Kharidi warriors, the Wolf simply watched them until they were out of view, sighed, and began to help the zeppelin prepare for its journey back home.


---

Twitter: @CodexofAegis
Facebook: facebook.com/CodexofAegis 

No comments:

Post a Comment