Friday, May 8, 2015

Some changes to Codex of Aegis: Volume I

Well, about three months worth of work and it looks like we're finally in the home stretch.

As most of you who have been following close know, I have had the firm intention to release at least something in summer 2015, and now that seems like its a reality. However, I have had to change some things.

First of all, though I originally intended put up all of the stories that have been released so far on the blog, I'm now cutting that down to the halfway point, stopping at "The Creation of Annoa". The reason for this is that if I were to write commentaries for all of them, it would likely take another 3 months, meaning a total of 6 -- as well as missing the summer release date. That, and I just didn't think I could write enough unique commentaries for every single one. Even with the few I did, near the end they ended up just being short paragraphs that could be summed up as "Ah, yes. This one was bad. Some of my others are bad too. Huh.".

Fortunately I still do have over 80 pages of work in terms of the short stories alone, and I also plan to be making it up in the form of Guardians of Enthia. I was originally only going to include the ones I have posted, but now I'm doing all the ones that I've finished -- an additional 6 chapters that, at least for the time being, will only be available in Codex of Aegis: Volume I!

Another thing I'm changing is the "stories that never made it". As it turns out, I pulled a John Green and thought I made something that I actually didn't. As it turns out, ALL stories that I worked on for Codex of Aegis have either been put or are eventually going to be put on the site. I guess that just goes to show how low the quality baseline for this is.

So anyway, to replace that, I'm going to be adding some classics -- and I'm not talking "Astuka Goes Back" old, I'm talking full on, 2nd-3rd grade writing. It's going to be awful. And embarrassing. But hey, it's content!

Anyway, that's all for now. Next post will probably be when the compilation book is done. As always, the main update post will continue to be... er... updated.


---

Twitter: @CodexofAegis
Facebook: facebook.com/CodexofAegis 

No comments:

Post a Comment