Monday, February 1, 2016

2/24/16

Okay, so here's the plan as it stands right now:

After a long time of work, the CoA Compilation Book I is FINALLY ready for release. The content is done, the writing is done, the formatting is done, and the cover art is done. Which means I'm finally ready to announce a solid release date: February 24th, 2016.

However, that does NOT mean that date is exactly when its going to happen. Let me explain why.

The plan for release is, as I've mentioned, self-publication. I'm doing independent publishing because the compilation book is really not that big of a project (in the grand scheme of things) and is just made up of content that was posted on this blog + a few goodies. The defacto indie publishing program is of course CreateSpace -- amazon's self publishing unit. There's one problem with CreateSpace though: up until this point, I've only tried using it once. That was in sixth grade. I have no idea how it fucking works.

That means, when launch day comes, a numerous amount of things can go wrong: the cover art might not be the correct dimensions, and I'll have to do it again. Or the formatting could translate pisspoorly onto amazon's system. Or when I release it, they'll make me wait a few days to check if there isn't some secret pipebomb recipe hidden inside. Or I might not be allowed to publish it for any particular reason once so ever (though I don't recall there being a requirement other than page count when I first did it). Any of these issues will cause me to have to delay it till a later time. Good news? If this does happen, the second date will be for SURE when it is released.

So right now the "official" date is 2/24/16, but I'm still anticipating something to go wrong maybe so I don't want to make it an absolute. Also I'll be making a full indepth video about this on astukari soon in case you didn't want to read this and just went straight to the end. Also hopefully the video will be in even more detail about whats going on, so just stay tuned for an update.


---

Twitter: @CodexofAegis
Facebook: facebook.com/CodexofAegis 



No comments:

Post a Comment