Saturday, July 2, 2016

Scenario in an Orlando Apartment

And so I sat, feigning interest for months old copies of Newsweek while I tried my best to distance myself as much as possible from the dramatic stage show unfolding before my eyes.

“God, I swear if I have to hear her voice again, I'm going to have a fucking hernia.”

“Please, just give her a chance, okay? She really wants to talk to you. Nothing is going to be solved if you keep ignoring her like this.”

Tansen's a good friend of mine. I trust him. I never knew Michelle well, but the horror stories that Tansen had told me about her sub rosa after they had broke up painted a very monstrous, clingy picture.

My sister was the one holding the phone. She was sentimental, sympathetic, sensitive – I feel like she could relate to Michelle in a way me and Tansen could not.

“Alright, fine, give me the phone. I'll handle this.”

The second he got the phone, he turned it on speaker. The slightly distorted sound of a sobbing young girl was picked up in return.

“T-tansen?”

“Fuck off.”

Tansen promptly ended the call, and handed it back to my sister. “See? Solved.”

My sister let out a genuine sigh of frustration, then turned towards me.

“Alex, could you please get Tansen to do something before Michelle does something drastic?”

I threw down the November 2012 Newsweek issue and aggressively defended myself. “Hold on, I am not involved in this. If Michelle does end up following through and killing herself, right now I am devoid of all responsibility. And I would rather it stay that way.”

“God, you are both so-” She was stopped by the phone ringing again, and picked it up. “Hey, sorry about that. No no no, don't. He's just... He's just being...”

Tansen. Who had moved into the kitchen, yelled to us so his voice could be heard: “Tell her to fuck off!”

My sister took some time to cover the phone's microphone to yell back in reply – “Tanny, shut up! I swear to god!”

After this point I had tapped out. The room continued to fill with hysteria until a single apexical moment occurred – a loud boom had come from the speaker of the phone, and my sister had jumped, screamed, and in a kickstart of nerve threw the phone across the room before beginning to hyperventilate and repeating the words “Oh no” and “Oh fuck” over and over again, in no distinct patten.
Upon hearing my sister, Tansen reentered the room. “Oh calm down. She's probably faking it.”

Oh my god Tansen, shut the fuck up. I swear to god I will KILL you.”

Tansen tried reaching for the phone, but my sister got a nearby pillow and started swinging it at Tanny at full strength, all the while still crying. At that point I put my foot down and said enough.

“No. That's it. Fuck this. I have other stuff I need to get done this week, and this does NOT concern me. Go get someone else to do it.”

If either of them had said something, or even acknowledged what I said, I had no idea – the instant I had finished I stormed through the front door and out to my car.

Its been three days, and I haven't heard from either since the incident.


---

Twitter: @CodexofAegis
Facebook: facebook.com/CodexofAegis 

No comments:

Post a Comment