Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Astuka Looks Back: Guardians of Enthia – The Second Draft

Oh, here we go.

Now, as of writing this, I haven't actually made a story for 2 weeks, besides that one time that I really rushed a few and they ended up being sub-quality. That being said, I should probably be writing more fiction than writing a blog post.

But who the fuck cares, I live the thug life.

Now, Guardians of Enthia has a little bit of history to it; some of which I explained to you earlier. I wrote the first draft when I was in about third or fourth grade, which is why it was pretty shit. However, the second draft I wrote when I was in 6th grade, and that happened to be when my writing style was just starting to mature and develop.

Like I said, some of the story elements were things based off stuff that I was interested in at the time – things like World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings, and Dragon Age. Another thing that got me to write the new draft was that my friend and I had a group in which we would write short stories based in the same universe, and it was fun as fuck. Well, during that, I decided it would be cool to try to make a full book – and what better way to make a new book than use the universe you already had created.

So, I got writing. Everyone in my class knew about it (take in mind I was in a gifted class and “everyone” accounted for about nine people) and decided to make their own stories in inspiration to mine. I have to admit pretty much all of them were shit, and the girl I had a crush on's was the worst, so I decided to be a good neighbor and tell them all of their stories were good [Note: NEVER DO THIS. This is just as bad as saying that its terrible. ALWAYS give criticism, but not in a condescending manner. Never say an actual opinion on the work]. And that's how I became the most popular person in my class of (by the end of the year) eleven.

Eventually I finished it, and here we are. The finished product was actually pretty good at the time, but will it be good now? We'll have to see for ourselves.

Since there's a lot of content to follow with this draft, I decided to make it the first video series on my personal youtube channel. Every so often, I'll update this post when new episodes are up.

EDIT: So as it turns out there's an issue that the verifications for your personal and old channels are different, and apparently I can't verify my personal one because I've used my phone number for "too many accounts". Yep.

So for now I'll be posting them on the AstukaGaming channel.


Part 3!


---

Twitter: @CodexofAegis
Facebook: facebook.com/CodexofAegis 

No comments:

Post a Comment